The foundation for our Classic Laddie is not a recipe set in stone, but a distilling philosophy. We have no interest in consistency or uniformity, instead – year by year – the variety and provenance of our barley shapes our spirit, and an ever-increasing range of casks are sourced to evolve the suite of flavours in our warehouse.
Composing each unique recipe is a rigorous process; Adam must carry a multi-dimensional picture of the sensory potential that surrounds him and systematically evaluate every spirit by nose, taste and mouthfeel.
Each batch of the Classic Laddie will, by nature, be unique and subtly different, but it is ultimately our Head Distiller who curates this assemblage of our finest spirits, to showcase the classic, floral and elegant Bruichladdich house style.
Read more about the extreme lengths we go to, to create whisky with exceptional flavour and provenance.
Bottle Size: 750ml
This product is available in: AZ, AR, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, IL, IN, IA, LA, MA, ME, MD, MN, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NC, ND, NY, OK, RI, SC, SD, TX, WA, WV, WI, WY
- The bouquet is brilliant. Opening with barley sugar and a hint of mint before leading into the most wonderful notes of freshly cut wild flowers; buttercup, daisy, meadowsweet, myrtle, primrose and cherry blossom. The cleanliness of the spirit is remarkable. As the seconds tick by, more aromas rise from the glass, little zephyrs of spindrift and sea pinks reminding you that this spirit is matured exclusively by the sea. After some four or five minutes and with the addition of a little water, caramelised fruits drift onto the scene; lemon drops and honey, tangerine and tablet.
- The palate entry is so refined and refreshing, the sweet oak and the barley arriving together sending the taste buds into raptures. The fruits from distillation drift in on an atlantic breeze and pop on the tongue like champagne bubbles. A combination of ripe green fruit, brown sugar and sweet malt bring closure. A taste back in time, a realisation that not all single malts are equal and to achieve the absolute optimum, you must use barley that is made in Scotland. Make this one the benchmark for all others you meet on your journey through the stills of Scotland.
- Unforgettable! Its best enjoyed in good company, you just don’t want the evening to end. It brings warmth to the heart and soul. The clock slows down and the cares of tomorrow disappear into the dawn.
- Smooth as pebbles in a pool. It’s clean, fresh and lively with both the oak and the grain in perfect harmony.
- Sunlight on fields of early summer barley.
UNPEATED ISLAY SINGLE MALT SCOTCH WHISKY
0 PARTS PER MILLION
MINIMUM AGE DEPENDENT ON INDIVIDUAL RECIPE
100% SCOTTISH BARLEY; MAINLAND, ISLAY AND ORGANICALLY GROWN
BOTTLED UNCHILL-FILTERED AND COLOURING FREE, USING ISLAY SPRING WATER, AT BRUICHLADDICH DISTILLERY ON ISLAY